Concurrent Degree Programme with Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy
The Five-Year Concurrent Degree Programme (CDP) offered by Yale-NUS College and the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy (LKYSPP) is designed for students who want a broad liberal arts education followed by careers in the field of public policy. The programme will accept applications from students during the first semester of their junior year. Students will enroll in courses at LKYSPP during the first semester of their senior year.
The key features of the Concurrent Degree Programme are as follows:
- The Yale-NUS Bachelor of Arts (Honours) or Bachelor of Science (Honours) degree and the LKY School Master in Public Policy will be awarded following completion of a minimum of 140 modular credits (MCs) at Yale-NUS College and 56 MCs at the LKYSPP.
- It is expected that students will be able to complete these requirements in five academic years.
- This programme is designed for students interested in applying their broad academic and intellectual background from the liberal arts and sciences curriculum to thinking and acting in the global dimensions of public affairs and international policies.
- Students will be selected not only on the basis of academic and professional accomplishments, but also on their leadership and teamwork skills, as well as public-spirited initiatives such as creating or participating in civil society organisations, non-profit organisations, and think-tanks.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview conducted by a panel comprising both LKY School and Yale-NUS faculty members.
- All interested students are encouraged to speak with the Coordinator of the CDP as early as possible.
For more details on admissions, application process, course requirements and to contact the course coordinator, please click here.