Yale-NUS College and the Center for Advanced 2D Materials at the National University of Singapore is recruiting several Postdoctoral Fellows and Research Assistants for the funded projects listed below.
Start dates are flexible. For candidates currently in Singapore, the position could start immediately, while for candidates outside of Singapore, we anticipate a start date no earlier than Jan 2021
(1) Properties of twisted moiré van der Waals heterostructures (with Shaffique Adam). Theoretical or computational expertise in either superconductivity (conventional or unconventional) or experience calculating the electronic properties of twisted 2D materials (e.g. continuum model, DFT, Hartree-Fock) is strongly preferred.
(2) Many body localization (with Pinaki Sengupta [NTU], Shaffique Adam and opportunities to collaborate with Fakher Assaad [Würzburg] ). Theoretical expertise in diagrammatic perturbation and/or renormalization group analysis or computational expertise in quantum Monte Carlo simulations is strongly preferred.
(3) Electron hydrodynamics (with Shaffique Adam, and opportunities to collaborate with Giovanni Vignale [Missouri] and Oleg Sushkov [UNSW]). Expertise in hydrodynamics or diagrammatic perturbation theory is strongly preferred.
(4) Simulation of fermions trapped in optical lattices (with Kai Dieckmann and Shaffique Adam). Computational expertise in lattice models is strongly preferred.
We are accepting applications for the postdoctoral positions internationally from candidates who have a Ph.D. in either theoretical or computational condensed matter physics, or a closely related field. The position offers globally competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with experience.
To apply, please attach a single PDF file which contains the following: (maximum size:2MB)
– One page narrative description of past research performance and its broader impact;
– Half-page description of theoretical or computational methods employed;
– Resume (no more than 3 pages excluding list of publications);
– List of publications;
– List of at least 4 references that we may contact in connection with this application
Please apply online at https://graphene.nus.edu.sg/theoretical-computational-postdoctoral-positions/
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com.