Yale-NUS College is searching for a Senior Director to provide strategic leadership for the College’s fundraising activities. The Senior Director of Development will be responsible for developing a robust fundraising strategy and overseeing the successful delivery of the College’s development activities.
Reporting to the President, the Senior Director of Development will work closely with the VP of Engagement to lead staff and volunteers to institutionalise philanthropy and fund development. He/She will identify and implement strategies for successfully securing significant philanthropic support and work collaboratively with the College leadership, faculty, colleagues and volunteers to cultivate donors to support the College’s priorities.
- Work closely with the College leadership and the NUS Office of Development to develop an ambitious development strategy
- Build the College’s development capacity, including developing the operational processes (data management, donor support, donor recognition programmes, etc.)
- Develop annual goals, plans and budgets for a comprehensive fundraising programme
- Maintain an active portfolio of donors and develop a strategy for cultivating new donors
- Identify, develop and deliver engagement opportunities to donors to maximize their financial and non-financial support of the College’s priorities
- Leverage participation of the President, the Senior Leadership and faculty in major-gift level donor engagement
- Create strategic donor communications to support the College’s case for support
- Develop customized engagement plans for selected groups of principal gift prospects
- At least 15 years of experience in advancement with increasing levels of responsibility
- Strong knowledge of all aspects of fundraising and donor relations, including strategies for donor identification, cultivation and solicitation
- Demonstrated ability to build external relationships with high profile donors, alumni, foundations, corporations and friends of the College with success in securing six and seven-figure gifts, preferably in a higher education environment
- Clear understanding of the financial structure of gifts, reporting standards and endowment management
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with strong project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage and develop staff to work effectively and collaboratively in a team setting
Yale-NUS College achieves excellence through the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff and by embracing inclusivity, equity, and global engagement. We encourage applications by diverse individuals with a demonstrated commitment to continually support these values.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.