Yale-NUS College is seeking a Laboratory Manager for the management of the day-to-day operations of its laboratories. The Laboratory Manager will be responsible for providing support for both teaching and research activities.
The duties include:
- Facilitate purchase of materials and supplies for the laboratories
- Maintain records and compliance with legal requirements and enforcement of safety rules
- Provide general lab safety instructions and supervision to research students
- Be present at all times when undergraduates are doing research in the laboratory – especially in the absence of the PIs
- Provide routine support for undergraduate research, including troubleshooting and preparation and maintenance of reagent and stocks
- Be engaged in teaching of standard laboratory techniques and good scientific working practices to undergraduates
- Train and lead undergraduates on safety protocols and experimental techniques in their research projects
- Perform technical and experimental protocols that support the research activities in the college
- Maintaining and running a fly and microscopy laboratory
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Laboratories and PIs
- Degree in Science (Biological Sciences or Life Sciences preferred)
- Relevant managerial experience in a Laboratory setting would have an advantage
- Relevant working experience in fly laboratory is preferred
- Familiarity with light-sheet and laser scanning confocal techniques for live-imaging are highly desirable
- Strong troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Resourceful, independent and able to learn fast
- Meticulous in record and inventory keeping with excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (e.g. Word and Excel)
- Good written and verbal communication skills
Yale-NUS College achieves excellence through the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff and by embracing inclusivity, equity, and global engagement. We encourage applications by diverse individuals with a demonstrated commitment to continually support these values.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.