The primary responsibilities of the Executive is to lead the daily operations of the Writers’ Centre and coordinate its collaboration with other departments and programmes on campus. The successful candidate will also tutor in the Centre, provide mentorship for student peer tutors, and support college-wide academic initiatives.
The Executive will assist the Writers’ Centre on matters pertaining to:
- Work with the Director to coordinate with all academic programs and other relevant offices on campus (CIPE, Dean of Students Office, Dean of Faculty Office, Library, etc.) that collaborate with the Writing Program. In the absence of the Director, the candidate will take the lead in staff and development meetings.
- Work with the Director to develop and implement workshops/programs for continuing training and professional development of the tutoring staff (writing fellow, professional tutors, and peer tutors).
- Work with the Director to provide teaching support for Peer Tutor training and work with individual students as a tutor when needed.
- Provide 5 hours per week on average of specialized one-on-one tutoring in the Writers’ Centre as agreed with directors, remaining current with developing tutoring pedagogy.
- Manage general program administration tasks as well as the administration for major Writers’ Centre initiatives (including but not limited to the the Writers’ Centre Reading Series; writing conferences hosted at Yale-NUS College; academic writing skills workshops) and affiliated events. This includes all administrative tasks relevant to running a major program (including budget management and faculty support services).
- Develop and carry out projects to improve the Writers’ Centre and to keep the programs relevant to students as the College evolves and grows.
- Foster a sense of community among the tutoring staffs by assisting with the logistics for small-group meetings and other similar community building projects.
- Maintain the physical space and environment of the Writers’ Centre daily as well as keep an inventory of office supplies.
- Maintain the Writing Program and Writers’ Centre website and Facebook site for the College, as well as prepare materials for Writing Program/Writers’ Centre reports.
- Mentor and supervise all student staffs (peer tutors & student associates) and the Dean’s Fellow Associate, as well as facilitating communication between students and professors.
- Assist the Dean of Faculty Office in large events/projects planning and execution.
- Support the Director as needed and other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Relevant BA degree
- Experience in writing programmes and writing centre work
- Demonstrate a commitment to supporting academic writing in the disciplines as well as creative writing
- Experience working in a writing centre, particularly one in East, Southeast, or South Asia will be an added advantage
Yale-NUS College achieves excellence through the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff and by embracing inclusivity, equity, and global engagement. We encourage applications by diverse individuals with a demonstrated commitment to continually support these values.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.