Yale-NUS College is a liberal arts college in Singapore offering 4-year undergraduate courses in the sciences, social sciences, and humanities. The College’s faculty are leading researchers and teach an interdisciplinary curriculum emphasizing active learning. Providing the necessary technology resources and support is essential to the College’s research ambitions and innovative pedagogical approaches.
The Educational Technologist plays a key role in the Educational Technology team and is a member of Educational Resources and Technology (ERT). In addition to the Educational Technology, ERT comprises IT Services, the Library, Media and Classroom Technology, and the ERT Arts team.
- Work with faculty to design and develop online, blended, and face-to-face instruction with the effective use of technology and media to enhance delivery
- Assist faculty in identifying and selecting appropriate technology and learning tools for their courses
- Assist in the support and administration of the College’s Learning Management System (Canvas) and Course Evaluation System (Explorance Blue Course Evaluation)
- Develop and deliver individual and/or group training for faculty members on the effective use of specialised tools and technology for teaching; including the development of course materials for face-to-face workshops, online courses, and user guides
- Participate in activities such as reviewing professional literature, networking, and exploration to keep abreast of trends in instructional technology and other emerging technology that can be used to enhance instruction
- A Bachelor’s degree in an educational/instructional technology, or a related technology field. Candidates with a postgraduate qualification in Instructional Design or Educational Technology field may have an advantage
- At least 4 years of experience in instructional technology supporting faculty within a university environment
- Demonstrated experience working with Faculty in identifying pedagogical needs and integrating technological solutions
- Experience developing and delivering technical training to an audience with varying levels of technical understanding
- Experience supporting faculty on a Learning Management System such as Canvas, Blackboard, or Moodle
- Experience with managing course evaluations using software such as Explorance Blue Course Evaluation will be highly advantageous
- Working knowledge of widely used hardware, software, applications, resources and techniques within an academic environment; experience with Statistical Packages, Web authoring tools, Web-based collaboration environments, video / lecture recording and editing tools, and presentation software
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and complete instructional technology projects, to manage a complex workload, prioritize tasks and use good judgment in providing services based on goals
- Evidence of ability to generate faculty enthusiasm for and engagement in the use of new technologies for teaching
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to establish good working relationships with a wide range of people within the academic community
Yale-NUS College achieves excellence through the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff and by embracing inclusivity, equity, and global engagement. We encourage applications by diverse individuals with a demonstrated commitment to continually support these values.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.