Yale-NUS College, the first liberal arts college in Singapore, seeks a Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid. Established in 2011 by two world-class universities, Yale-NUS College is creating a community of learning at the crossroads of Asia.
Yale-NUS College offers a distinctive curriculum and residential program that encourages active learning, adaptability and critical thought. Students are exposed to an interdisciplinary inquiry-based curriculum which enables them to master a broad body of knowledge and techniques, taught by a globally diverse faculty of leading educators and researchers who are passionate about mentoring and teaching.
By 2020, the student population will be 1,000 students, with 250 students in each entering class. The College practices need-blind, holistic admissions and upholds a full-need fulfilling financial aid policy. More than half of Yale-NUS students hail from Singapore. International students make up over 40% of the student population and represent more than 65 nationalities.
Yale-NUS seeks a talented and experienced Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid. The Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid is a key member of the President’s cabinet and contributes to College-wide discussion and decisions. The Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid sets strategy for enrolment and financial aid in order to align with institutional priorities. The Dean is responsible for all aspects of recruitment and outreach both in Singapore and within key international markets. The Dean will have oversight of recruitment, communications, evaluation and selection of applicants, technology use and overall admissions strategy. The Dean will also take a significant role in the development and maintenance of partnerships with key stakeholder offices and departments inside and outside the college.
The Dean of Admissions & Financial Aid must be visible within the Yale-NUS community, the Singapore educational landscape and internationally. The Dean will represent the College at local and international conferences.
The Dean will be responsible for strategy and management of Yale-NUS financial aid while maintain a need-blind admission policy. The Dean will also be responsible for the department budget and the management and development of a team of 14.
The duties include:
- Set strategic goals and objectives for Admissions
- Report on departmental achievements and challenges to College leadership, Governing Board and faculty
- Develop, implement, manage, and participate in a full range outreach and marketing activities for Yale-NUS College. This includes giving public presentations at local and overseas secondary schools, education fairs and regional locations in order to promote Yale-NUS College to prospective applicants
- Oversee a team of Admission professionals in recruitment efforts, event planning and professional development
- Oversee a team of Financial Aid professionals and implement best practices in need-based financial aid and merit scholarships
- Work closely with Yale-NUS Leadership and Public Affairs to conceptualise, develop and produce marketing collaterals targeted at students globally
- Oversee the Admissions Committee and Financial Aid Committee in order to ensure a holistic admission process and individual assessment of financial aid applicants
- Create, maintain, and enhance collaborative partnerships with key university constituencies and vendors
- Serve as a liaison with external organizations and individuals–including government agencies
- Manage special programmes and projects within the Admissions & Financial Aid Office
- Serve as a key member of the Cabinet (leadership team) of Yale-NUS College
- Candidates specialising in higher education in the liberal arts would be preferred
- At least ten years of successful experience in selective college admissions or college counselling or a combination of experience in selective college admissions/counselling with experience in the management of complex, high profile administrative operations inside or outside of higher education
- Demonstrated commitment to and ability to communicate clearly the values and purposes of a selective liberal arts college, including those involved with research, teaching, extracurricular life and diversity
- Demonstrated track record of generating and encouraging creative ideas, innovative thinking, and imaginative solutions to problems; willingness to seek out and adopt the views of others
- Demonstrated ability to use data to make informed decision about admissions and financial aid
- Clear understanding of complex and competitive recruiting environments
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Significant experience and aptitude in public speaking
- Ability to build and develop teams
- Demonstrated success and aptitude in analytical problem solving, including resource allocation and the development and use of critical metrics with respect to outcomes
- Ability to handle a multitude of tasks and issues; ability to master complex topics quickly and provide effective responses
- Ability to inspire others to perform at their best, and set high standards of performance for self and subordinates
- Demonstrated strength in leading a team of diverse nationalities, experiences and perspectives
- International travel is a necessity for this position
Yale-NUS College achieves excellence through the diversity of its students, faculty, and staff and by embracing inclusivity, equity, and global engagement. We encourage applications by diverse individuals with a demonstrated commitment to continually support these values.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I understand that by sharing my personal data with Yale-NUS College, I authorise its use for the purposes of this application.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.